Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Stuff!

I got motivated by one sale in my shop - and listed more stuff. Some of it is new - like as in this week new - some of it was stuff I was too 'unmotivated' to list. Just because nothing was moving, why add more, right?

Well, I got over it, go up this morning, and listed the stuff. It's not everything I have to list, but a good start.

There is a trial and error process to making anything handmade. You get the instructions and think you've followed them exactly. Until you flip your project and realize that, oops, I did this backwards. Some things are easy to fix, others you just don't have the energy to mess with. Some only look bad to you, because you *know* what they're supposed to look like.

Well, some of these things weren't exactly as they should have been, but they're still functional nonetheless. And I'm going to give them away. Why waste time and perfectly good fabric, right?

So be on the lookout. I'm going to think of a way to run a giveaway. So start making lists of your friends now. You will be able to get multiple entries for doing little things to send more people my way. I guess my mess-ups have a purpose after all. And some of the things I give away won't be mess-ups at all. They'll just be things I made for fun and don't want to sell!

Oh, and I think I have a real follower, like, immediate reader follower. Let's test my theory. Trisha, I will sign up - soon. I don't know when, but I'm going to do it.

***wait for it*** (a comment)! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sale! I hope you continue to get them! :) I'll have to flip over to see what all you've added :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Okay, so I read everything down to the sentence about giving them away. I wasn't even thinking that you meant a blog giveaway!!!

    Funny enough - I even read Liz's comment and totally skipped over MY part. YAY!!!!!! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete